Wednesday, April 27, 2016

I know that paper is here somewhere....

A business can live or die by its Accounts Receivable.  If your clients don't pay you, you have no money.

I used to own some retail businesses in another state.  I closed them over six years ago.  Some might think me foolish, but I paid off all my debts.  I purchased from close to 300 companies in a given year depending upon how well their products did.

I still get statements and invoices from many, despite the fact that I paid them in full and closed my accounts.  The statements are always for a zero balance, of course.

How long until these companies know that an account is closed?  What resources are being wasted?  Does anyone know what's going on?  If their software is that bad to continue to bill closed accounts for zero dollars, what other mistakes occur?

Does anyone review this?  Are they noticing the million dollar accounts in arrears?  Are there any judgements being made?

In addition to this, I used to fulfill sales for many through an intermediary service.  I'd get an email stating that someone had ordered something and I could decide to fulfill it or let someone else do so.  Sometimes the messages would be for someone who wanted to actually pick up the product.  I keep notifying the company I've closed.  They keep telling me my account is closed.  If orders go to closed accounts how reliable is their computer system?  How secure is it?  Are people being sent to a store that closed years ago?

The incompetence of companies astounds me.  They don't know if their clients are open or closed.  Perhaps they're still sending bills to Enron.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thanks for your comment. To avoid flaming and subject drift, all comments are reviewed.