Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Customer Service Surveys

Don't you love the surveys asking how a company has responded to your request.

1)
I use to bank at PNC in NJ.  PNC only provided phone numbers of the local branch.  I had a complicated set of accounts and needs that were beyond the local branch.  I loved the folks there, but I had special needs.

The toll free number was unable to help.  There was no ability to escalate.  No contacts for headquarters.  And since each group I reached at customer service could only do one thing related to one account, no one could ever help.

But that's history.  I'm happy to be rid of them.

I visited the branch sometimes three times a day.  (I had a retail business--deposits, getting change, etc.)  Each time I went I got a customer service survey.  Since I just saw that teller 9 times in the past few days, how do I answer the question of "Did the teller ask you about loans?" (I already had one.)  They only wanted to know what the teller did and how the teller was.

The tellers were great.  The institution sucked.  Their only concern was was the teller doing the job of selling me the right stuff.

2) It's not uncommon to have service requests that may take a few calls or emails.  A week later, I'll get a questionnaire.  But who am I evaluating?  I made 3 calls.  And who can remember how long I had to wait on a phone call a week ago? Why can't I get the questionnaire right after a call?

3) Often the questionnaires ask if the agent solved my problem.  Sometimes the answer is NO, but the agent was great.  If policy prevented them from being able to help, or they didn't have the power or knowledge (based on COMPANY policy) it's unfair to answer the question correctly.

4) I had received a router from my ISP.  I had some questions that were particular to that model.  I contacted the company.  No response.  Two months later I received a survey and a chance to offer feedback.  I wrote back stating no one ever responded.

Two months later I received a questionnaire about how they responded to my second request.

If you don't respond, why ask me whether I was satisfied?  And why send a second questionnaire about my response when you didn't read the response?

Sometimes it would be better not to ask.  Your surveys don't seem to be concerned with my satisfaction--they seem to be a way that you rate those people who don't have the ability to provide the right answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thanks for your comment. To avoid flaming and subject drift, all comments are reviewed.